I have made you a watchman ( Ezek. 3: 17).
Watchman-- one who looks out or sees from a height, with the view to warning of impending danger or to give any information, good or bad ( Ezek. 33: 2- 7 1Sam. 14: 16; 2Sam. 18: 24- 27, Ps. 127: 1; Isa. 21: 6- 12
Priests and Prophets of the Lord were often called watchmen.
Ezekiel was especially distinguished with this title (Ezek. 3:17; 33:7).
The duties of a watchman were threefold:
1. To wait and watch for what God would command and give in warning (Ezek. 3:17- 21).
2. To watch over and superintend the people (Ezek. 3:17- 21 Isa. 56:10).
3. To warn the people for God (Ezek. 3:17- 21).
Death is the penalty for sin, all sin, every sin, regardless of who the person is or what connection with God we used to have (cp. Gen. 2:17; Rom. 1:29- 32, 1Cor. 6:9- 11 Gal. 5:19- 21).
2. If the prophet does not warn the wicked and they die in their sin, their blood will be required of the prophet.
3. If the wicked is warned and they repent and turn from sin, their life will be saved.
4. If the prophet warns the wicked and they do not turn from their sin, then the prophet is clear from their blood and all responsibility (Ezek. 3:19).
5. If the wicked is warned or not warned does not turn from his sin, they will die in sin and be lost (Ezek. 3:19).
6. If a righteous man or woman turns from their righteousness, commits sin again, and God lays a stumblingblock before them and they die in their sin, all their righteousness which was done will not be remembered (Ezek. 3:20; Rom. 8:12- 13).
7. If the prophet has warned the righteous man or woman and they remain in righteousness, both will be saved (Ezek. 3:20- 21).
8. If the prophet has not warned the righteous man or woman and they turn from their righteousness to live in sin again, the prophet will be held responsible for their being lost (Ezek. 3:20).
9. If the righteous man or woman turns from their righteousness to live in sin again, they will be lost if they die in their sin whether they have been warned or not (Ezek. 3:20- 21 18:24- 26 33:12- 13 Rom. 8:12- 13 Gal. 5:19- 21).
10. The righteous man or woman can and will die in their sins if they go back into their sin again and does not repent again (Ezek. 3:20- 21 18:24- 26 33:12- 13 Rom. 8:12- 13).
11. The righteous man or woman who dies in his or her sins will be as much lost as they would have been if they never turned from them (Ezek. 3:20- 21 Rom. 6:14- 23 8:12- 13 Gal. 5:19- 21).
12. The only way a righteous man can continue in salvation is by continuing in righteousness (right standing with GOD) instead of sin (Ezek. 3:20- 21).